What We Believe
With so many beliefs and interpretations of the Word of God, it is prudent for us to make our beliefs known and plain to see.
1. We believe in one God who is seen in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16,17; John 14:9; Genesis 1:2,26; John 4:24; John 10:30; John 14:16-20)
2. We believe in God the Father, Creator of all things visible and invisible.
(Genesis 1:1; Acts 17:24-28; Hebrews 11:3)
3. We believe Jesus was born fully human and fully divine, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary. (Philippians 2:7,8; John 1:14; Romans 5:15-17; Colossians 2:9; 1 John 1:1; Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:26-38)
4. We believe that mankind was meant to have fellowship with God, but through Adam's disobedience, sin separates us from God, our source of life. (Isaiah 59:2; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12)
5. We believe that Hell is a place that was made for Satan and his demons. Those who do not accept salvation will be thrown into the Lake of Fire without another chance for repentance. (Matthew 25:41; Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 19:20; Hebrews 6:1,2 )
6. We believe that Jesus suffered and was crucified to pay the price for our sins and to undo the works of the devil. ( 1 John 3:8; Galatians 3:13; Colossians 2:14,15)
7. We believe Jesus was buried and resurrected in bodily form on the third day.
(Luke 23:44-24:8; John 20:24-29; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8)
8. We believe that salvation and forgiveness of sin is only received by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. (Matthew 26:28; Romans 5:17; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Peter 1:18-19; 1 John 1:7-9)
9. We believe that when someone chooses to give their life to Christ, their spirit nature is made new and they receive eternal life. (2 Corinthians 5:17; John 3:3-5; 1 john 5:12, 13; John 3:16; Romans 10:9, 10)
10. We believe that water baptism is an outward expression of the inward work of salvation. (Romans 6:4; Matthew 28:19; Colossians 2:12)
11. We believe that Jesus ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father. (Luke 22:69; Acts 1:1-9; Colossians 3:1)
12. We believe that Jesus will return to the earth to judge both the living and the dead.
(Matthew 24:36-42; John 14: 1-3; Acts 1:10-11, 10:39-42; 1 Peter 4:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17)
13. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who indwells every Christian.
(John 15:26; John 16:5-15; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19; 2 Timothy 1:14)
14. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, an experience that empowers the Christian. (Acts 1:7-8; Romans 8:26-27)
15. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, written by men who were moved by the Holy Spirit. (Mark 12:36; John 14:26, 16:12-15; Acts 1:16; 1 Corinthians 2:12-13; 2 Timothy 3:14-16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
16. We believe that the Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith and conduct.
(Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18, 24:35; Romans 15:4; Hebrews 4:12)
What we believe about holy matrimony / marriage:We believe that the term "marriage" has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture.
We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt to change one's sex, or disagreement with one's biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God.
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity.
Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the church.
Gen. 2:24; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1: 26-32; 1 Cor. 5:1-2; 6:9; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4; 1 Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23; Mark 10:6-9